Sunday, April 10, 2011

Austrian Jager

Here are a couple quick pictures of my latest work in progress; it's a 54mm beaute from Time Machine Miniatures, Austrian Jager (TMP-32). Cast in white metal, this was a snap to clean up and assemble. A little filler at the shoulders, and a few seam lines, but nothing out of the ordinary. This is my first figure from Time Machine Miniatures, and have to admit, I'm quickly becoming a fan.

Painted in my usual technique of oils over acrylics, I tried to vary the shade of the jacket and trousers. Showing a bit more of a faded tone for the jacket. Still working on bringing out the highest of the highlights on the jacket, the deep shadows are in as are the first highlights. I mixed the grey for both the jacket and pants over pulling a tone straight from the tube. I think it adds a bit more "personality" to the figure.

The belts and the rucksack are roughed in with just the deep shadows and first highlights laid in; I'll go back over them in my next painting session.

Trying to have this guy ready for MFCA; more to follow in the coming weeks...

No comments: