Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Leib Bn Sgt




This is an amazing sculpted figure from Maurizio Bruno and the folks at Pegaso. Cast in white metal, this guy was a painters figure from the start.

Like always he was painted in acrylics (JoSonya) and finished entirely in artist oils. I wanted to show him as a "seasoned" veteran and really needed to have a difference tone between the blouse and his pants. After talking with John Long, he recommended that I mixed my own color of black using equal parts of thalo green with alizarin crimson for the blouse and mix lamp black with a touch of burnt umber for the pants.

The rich blue for his collar was mixed with cerrelean blue and a touch of prussian blue. I highligted this with titanium white added to the base mix. The lace work was painted with a blue mix that used prussian blue and a touch of cerrelean blue.

I finished him off with a couple dustings of dullcoat and then went back over and brought out the highest highlights on the brass buttons, walking stick, saber and scabboard. I gave the cross belt and brim of the shako a glaze of liquin in order to give them a more leather feel...

No comments: