Friday, March 12, 2010

Here's my latest...I'm working on a tremendous figure from LeCimier; it's a 54mm of Krasinski.

He's painted in the traditional manner of oils over acrylics (he's a commission piece, and haven't gotten to the point where I am comfortable enough with painting a commission piece with the black undercoat...), and using the wet on wet technique. I've finished the pants and have the first shadows and highlights done on the fleshtones. I'll deepen the shading and apply the highest highlights later today to the face. I'm using the non-metallic metallic technique that Lou Masses developed for acrylics, but I've adapted it to oils. I'll use printers ink on a the buttons and some of them metal inserts of the scabbard, but for the most part, I prefer the effect of the non-metallic metallics.

More to follow!

No comments: